The Nebraska Fur Harvesters Association met Saturday at noon during the fall convention. The following are some high points of the meeting:
- G&P Furbearer Biologist Sam Wilson gave an update on the process to have an otter season in Nebraska. The process is more complicated than one might think, with lots of meetings and due diligence. Hats off to Sam, as he is pushing as much as he can to get us the season.
- Two vacant officer positions were filled. Ted Howard will be our new Legislative Representative. Jessica Power will be our new Public Relations Director. We wish both of these people well in their new endeavors and we know they will do a good job for us in the Nebraska Fur Harvesters Association.
- The guys from Bassett came and gave a good presentation and put in a good bid to get the 2019 Convention. The members voted unanimously to have it there. 2019 Convention will be in Bassett next September.
- Dave Hastings and Mark Hajny gave their national association reports from the FTA and NTA respectively. Dave’s knowledge of trapping happenings on a national level is invaluable to our association.
- We sold the trailer. For those who do not know, the association owned a trailer which held all the tables and chairs, cooking equipment, coolers, totes, etc. The trailer got some hail damage, we ended up buying 2 new trailers, a large one and small one. At the convention we sold the old trailer.
- We kicked off a vendor advertising program this year. You will now see vendor advertisements on the website and you will see vendor reviews on the facebook page.
If you have any questions about what was discussed please contact any of the NFH officers.