The Nebraska Fur Harvesters Association members met April 30th, 2017 at the VFW in Seward, Nebraska. President Eric Stane gave out door prizes including dog proof traps, .22 ammo, bait and lure. Shane Claeys of Papio Creek Trapping Supply was there with products for the giveaway also, including his dirt hole augers and hole punches.
The following points are a recap of what was discussed at the meeting:
- Discussed the 2017 convention, and what vendors are going to be there and how things are progressing. Discussed the possibility of two demos going on at the same time.
- Approved the purchase of a new PA system for use during demos and at the convention.
- We are looking for more volunteers to do trappers education presentations. Contact Eric Stane if interested.
- Talked about ways we can promote fur by donating a fur jacket, scarf, etc to Miss Nebraska or Miss Rodeo Nebraska.
- Discussed a legal defense fund. Also discussed a spring banquet to help fund the legal defense fund. Fund monies would be reserved to help other states in need of trapping defense funds, as well as for our own use if the need arises.
- Repairs to the enclosed trailer for hail damage were discussed and approved.
- The NFH will become a member of the Sportsman’s Alliance in addition to being affiliate members of the FTA and NTA.
- Discussed trapping regulations and what anyone would want to see changed.
- Discussed the reduced/no cost hunt, fish, and fur harvest permits offered to veterans. If you are a veteran age 64 or older, a deployed military member, or a disabled vet, please look into getting one of these. This is a great service offered by our game and parks.
If you have any questions or would like more information about volunteering for trappers education, contact Eric Stane at firstname.lastname@example.org