The Nebraska Fur Harvesters Association will have their Spring Meeting Saturday, April 21st, 2018 at the Seward VFW Club, Seward, Nebraska. Meeting starts at 2pm.
The Nebraska Fur Harvesters Association will have it’s Spring Meeting on April 21st, 2018 in Seward, Nebraska at the Seward VFW.
We are excited to announce that in addition to the meeting, new this year will be the NFH Spring Banquet, held in the evening after the meeting. Proceeds from the banquet will be used to help build a defense fund, to be used in legally defending our rights as trappers and fur harvesters if the need shall ever arise.
Details for the banquet will be released as they come available. But there will be a guest speaker, awesome food (steak and sides), and a silent auction/raffle full of great stuff that you as a sportsman will find good use for.
Reminder: Nebraska Fur Harvesters Association president Eric Stane will join Hal Hodges on The Greg Wagner Great Outdoors Show tomorrow at 9am CST to talk trapping. This is broadcast on The Zone 1620 AM out of Omaha. If you can’t pick it up over the air you can listen online at http://player.listenlive.co/52371
The 2017 Convention Photos have been posted. You can find them on the Photos page or a link to them by clicking here.
Once again at the Nebraska Fur Harvesters Convention, Mike Lance will be doing the youth trap toss. This is a fun activity for kids of all ages. Mike has been doing this for a lot of years and kids look forward to it every year.
But we need your help.
We need used traps for the giveaway. Each kid comes away with a trap to take home. If you are coming to the convention, please bring a 1 1/2 coil spring, dog proof, or 110 for donation to the youth trapping program. If you are not coming, send one with someone who is.
If you are at the convention and see Mike, tell him thanks for all he does for Nebraska’s trapping future.
Thank you for your donations!
We will be holding a trappers ed class Sunday September 10th, 2017, 9 am to 3 pm, at the Beatrice Gun Club in Beatrice, NE. Click here for a google map and directions.
The morning will be classroom, regulations, equipment, ethics etc. and the afternoon will be outside doing demos.
There will be plenty of free raffle giveaways and lunch will be provided.
To register or ask questions please contact education coordinator Eric Stane at (402) 658-8012.
The demo list for the 2017 convention has been posted! Click this link to see the lineup and vendor list! or go to the Convention page.
The Nebraska Fur Harvesters Association members met April 30th, 2017 at the VFW in Seward, Nebraska. President Eric Stane gave out door prizes including dog proof traps, .22 ammo, bait and lure. Shane Claeys of Papio Creek Trapping Supply was there with products for the giveaway also, including his dirt hole augers and hole punches.
The following points are a recap of what was discussed at the meeting:
- Discussed the 2017 convention, and what vendors are going to be there and how things are progressing. Discussed the possibility of two demos going on at the same time.
- Approved the purchase of a new PA system for use during demos and at the convention.
- We are looking for more volunteers to do trappers education presentations. Contact Eric Stane if interested.
- Talked about ways we can promote fur by donating a fur jacket, scarf, etc to Miss Nebraska or Miss Rodeo Nebraska.
- Discussed a legal defense fund. Also discussed a spring banquet to help fund the legal defense fund. Fund monies would be reserved to help other states in need of trapping defense funds, as well as for our own use if the need arises.
- Repairs to the enclosed trailer for hail damage were discussed and approved.
- The NFH will become a member of the Sportsman’s Alliance in addition to being affiliate members of the FTA and NTA.
- Discussed trapping regulations and what anyone would want to see changed.
- Discussed the reduced/no cost hunt, fish, and fur harvest permits offered to veterans. If you are a veteran age 64 or older, a deployed military member, or a disabled vet, please look into getting one of these. This is a great service offered by our game and parks.
If you have any questions or would like more information about volunteering for trappers education, contact Eric Stane at email@example.com
Just a reminder of the Spring Meeting coming up on Sunday, April 30th. It will be at the VFW in Seward, starting at 12 noon. Lunch will be available for a free will offering.
Lots of things will be discussed including the 2017 convention, 2018 convention and a possible Spring banquet.
There will also be giveaways, and new NFH merchandise to buy.
Here are some early details on the 2017 Fall Convention to be held in Sidney. Nathan Morgan is putting this together and it is starting to shape up really nice. If you have ideas or would like to do a demo or have a booth contact Nathan at (308) 249-1295
Convention Date: September 22 – 23, 2017
Preliminary vendor list
Schneider Wild Fur
Grizzly Rose Trap line &Fur
Kansas Trap line Products
Sandy’s Fur Buying& ADC Trapping
Dusty Creative Cords
Macke’s Hide & Fur
Top Lot Stretcher Co
Dakota Fur& Baits
Papio Creek Trapping Supply
All Terrain Live Traps
Hill Top Outdoor Supply
No BS Lures
Jones Fur Buying
Lee Steinmeier FHA
Wild Sage Creations
Food Vendor: Jimmy L’s BBQ & Catering Co.
Cheyenne Co Fair Grounds Address: 10955 US Highway 30
Sidney NE 69162
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Down Town by the Fair Grounds(308) 254-2081
Best Western Plus Sidney Lodge-(308) 254-0100
Motel 6-(308) 254-5463
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Sidney-(308) 254-9000
Comfort Inn & Suites Sidney-(308) 254-4423
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson-(308) 254-2000
Hampton Inn Sidney-(308) 254-2111
Cabela’s Camp Ground 115 Cabela Drive, Sidney, NE 69162-(308) 254-7889
Fair Grounds are located at the far west end of town the convention will be held in the exhibit building